There’s something that fascinates me among my many fascinations. How could my literary pieces be recognized despite having the same subject matter at once? The subject matter who had always been you...
Throughout my life, I was acquainted with friends and friendship of different shades and connections. May it be considered as luck or blessing, I’m still very thankful for sharing a friendship full of vibrancies and colour with you. Our “mother-daughter” relationship makes me believe in the impossible— to live each and every day with “stomach aches” due to lavish moments of laugher. It inspires me to be creative, inventive and be in awe when I find myself doing what found to be far-fetched not so long ago. That is to write stories, poems and other literary pieces about you, which apparently, gained some public recognition.
I bet you still remember the poem who tells your life story. Honestly, I never expected that it would be chosen as one of the finalists out of the poems passed by the students from FEU EAC, FEU MAIN & FEU MAKATI. More surprisingly, it won as first prize in the overall judging. To above all, what really made me happy about acing that competition is that, what needs to be conveyed was conveyed. My message on how you’ve lived up as a gay based on the classification of society's gender preferences got across. With that poem, the society admired how you pursued your life with optimism despite having the word “gay” as a judgment and not a description.
“Greetings from PSICOM Publishing! We are glad to let you know that your story had been chosen!” - That e-mail made me burst into tears. Tears of happiness. Tears of success. Once again, the article I wrote was favoured and will be published into a book that will be made available nationwide. My dreams were shifting into reality! I couldn’t have done it without you. Through your stories, I realized that love itself is immaculate; love exists in so many forms that cannot be judged. Gays like you, just like anyone, have felt the rough edges of the same love story that people spazz in a heterosexual world. Genuine love knows no gender and is above and beyond all material things this world can offer. Invisible but something one can hold on to. It gives hope and makes someone believe that it’ll come when the time is right.
It may not be so obvious, but I always treasure every moment spent with you. Moments when I laugh at your jokes, which you seem to try to deliver a quota of three per minute. Times when we spank each other being overjoyed with the most silly and out-of-this-world-pranks. With those chattings with you, I was able to write a book. That book which contains a character that is very alike with your identity. It is now on due process for rough editing and initial lay-outing. I can’t wait for it to be finally displayed to public! Of course, it will be you whom I will be introducing. In whatever circumstances, I believe that, that story will teach minds, touch hearts and transform lives. Just like what your stories did to me.
Nanay, you never said much, but you showed me the way. I could easily write thousands or even millions of phrases as long as it’s you I’m writing of. That’s how much your worth is. So, it saddens me whenever you let yourself to be dejected by those persons who don’t see how precious you are. If I just personally know those persons who causes you so much pain, I would voluntary ask them for a fist fight! Remember, I’m a “hunk”! But, you’ve got to learn to be more careful as not to have your heart be broken for numerous times. ‘Cause, I only have two arms to be broken, just in case. Kidding aside, it really hurts me to see you feel bad. Even though you pose a hard shell, I know how fragile your heart is. I’ve always known. Because I’m your daughter. I can penetrate the bothersome thoughts swimming in your head behind your smiles.
I love you, nay. Probably more than anyone could love another person. I promise to settle by your side, so that you can lean dependently on me in times of exhaustion and sadness. Thank you for making me feel emotions I thought I would never feel simultaneously— blithe, excited, inspired and delighted.
Once upon a time, I believed in dreams. Long ago, I struggled for it to be achieved. Now that you’re here, it slowly unfolds itself as it becomes a reality.
You are the substance behind my stories. You are the power behind my pen. You are the pride behind this writer...
Your daughter,
Faye
No comments:
Post a Comment